The MG Car Club, of which we are part of, is an International Club based in Abingdon, the spiritual home of MG.
Since formation in 1930 by John Thornley O.B.E., the Club has provided high-quality support and backing to all its members.
Kimber House is situated on the edge of what was once the MG Car Company’s headquarters and factory. This is where Cecil Kimber (Club President from 1935-1945) and John Thornley (General Manager and subsequently Managing Director) successfully ran one of the world’s most well-known and well-respected car manufacturing companies.
About The Caledonian Centre
The Caledonian Centre is one of Twelve Centres of the MG Car Club. The MGCC was formed in 1992 by a group of Car Club members who wished to introduce more social events and activities to the MG Calendar in Scotland.
This gave Scotland two Centres, with the Scottish Centre serving the east of the country with the emphasis on racing and the Caledonian Centre covering the west.
Following the demise of the Scottish Centre in 2008 following their 75th anniversary the two Centres amalgamated, leaving the Caledonian Centre to serve the interests of MG Car Club members throughout all of Scotland.
So, today the Centre aims to bring events and activities to suit all our members whatever their interests.